Whether you live in the northern or southern hemisphere, it’s time for a new season wardrobe or closet cleanout.
Autumn starts here in Australia on 1 March. Technically, Spring does not start in the northern hemisphere until 19 March.
Either way, it’s the beginning of a new season and time to clean out your wardrobe or closet.
Here are a few quick tips to keep your wardrobe or closet under control.
‘Before You Start’ Basics
* Don’t clean out until you have a definite place to take you de-cluttered items. Charity Drop-off Places can move. Always Google or phone to check they are still in the same place.
* How many work clothes, leisure clothes, exercise clothes, shoes, handbags and accessories do you really need? Others do not notice as much about your dressing as you think.
* If you really want to get rid of something and find it hard to let it go, go back to doing my ‘Grief, Gratitude & Acceptance’ © Process. It’s free. Go to the bottom of this article. Click the graphic to sign up and download it here if you don’t have it.
New Season Wardrobe Cleanout Tips
- Clean out everything – work and leisure clothes, shoes and accessories.
- Be ruthless. Anything that doesn’t make you look good or feel good is weighing you down.
- Finally throw out the ripped, the torn and the ones with holes in them. Even wearing them inside your home won’t make you feel good when you put them on.
- Check shoes and handbags for frayed edges. Can it be fixed or does it need to go?
- What Summer (or Winter) clothes have been sitting in your wardrobes unworn for at least a year? It’s time for them to go.
- What needs to be repaired or altered? Set a time to fix them or take them to an alterations person, a shoe repairer or a jeweller.
- Which Autumn or Spring clothes (from last year) look a little tired, baggy or too tight? Move them on.
- Has your lifestyle or work changed? Clean out and move on the items that do not fit your new direction and new attitude.
- What are you going to do about all those clothes that are too tight for you today? Make an eating and exercise plan that you can maintain permanently or do the ‘Grief, Gratitude & Acceptance’ © Process and move them on.
A new season wardrobe cleanout (or even a monthly one) keeps you on top of your dressing choices, your weight and your lifestyle.
Free your wardrobe. Live your life larger.