Stop the Press! I am about to reveal the first rule of fashion.
Follow this simple rule and you will look better and feel great about yourself ALL THE TIME.
What is it? Answer = Buy and wear clothes that create vertical lines.
Vertical and long diagonal lines make you look the slimmest your figure can be. Horizontal lines, in general, make you look wider. Skin tight is not the answer. Clothes that skim close to your body are better. Too tight makes us see all our problem areas and makes us feel negative about ourselves.
Here are Some Ways to Choose Vertical Lines
* Wear jewellery that creates a longer line down your body eg a long necklace or a vertical pendant style.
* Wear scarves and tie them so that the ends fall vertically either down the centre of your body or down over your left or right bust.
* Wear dresses, tops, skirts or jackets with princess lines. Those that come from the shoulder are more relaxed. Look for slim not tight princess lines.
* Some clothes can have only one princess line ie they divide your body into 2/3 vs 1/3 proportions.
* V necklines create a vertical line.
* Vertical frills and pleats are more slimming than horizontal ones.
* Look for vertical patterns or vertical decorations on clothing.
* Tapered pants make your legs look slimmer.
* Bootleg and straight jeans make your legs and bottom look slimmer when they fall in a straight line from you mid bottom.
* A small or large (if you are daring) vertical split in a dress or skirt make you look slimmer and gives you a bit more room to move.
* The longer the diagonal line in a pattern or style the better and slimmer it will make you look.
* Crossover styles that come at least midway between you bust and waist make you look slimmer.
* Long crossover lines, patterns or frills have the same effect on skirts and dresses.
Ignore This Fashion Rule
You will all have read to ‘wear a wide top over slim pants or slim skirt’ or ‘wear a slim top over wide pants or a wide skirt’. Don’t do it unless you are naturally very thin. A little bit of ease is ok. The smartest women wear clothes that make them look as lean as possible.
Whatever your shape and height, you will look better if 80% of your wardrobe is made up of clothes that create a vertical line down your body. The rest can be horizontal lines that draw attention to the best bits of your body.
Brown top & necklace from http://www.brigidfoley.co.uk/home.php
Green frill top & Patterned cowl cami from http://www.ezibuy.com.au/
Red crepe crossover shift from http://www.jacquie.com.au/shop/en/jacquie
Curvy straight leg jeans from http://www.target.com.au/
Diagonal stripe front top from http://www.chicos.com/store/
Click to find out the other 9 Lifetime Slimming Tips.