You may or may not have heard of cuff earrings before. They certainly are not part of the usual display in shops and online.
Yes you can wear clip earrings or simple pierced earrings. You may like drop earrings. You may even wear two or more pierced stud earrings on your ears.
Many women wear earrings as an afterthought. They either wear the same ones all the time or stick within a limited range of stones, colours and designs. It’s often continuing the habits of our upbringing as well as the basic ideas offered by fashion articles and magazines.
In a previous article on 17 March 2016 I introduced you to front-back earrings (or ear jacket earrings as they are sometimes called).
Over the next two weeks I will introduce you to two more slightly different earring styles for you to consider and add to your wardrobe. Today is all about cuff earrings.
Cuff Earrings – In a Nutshell:
- May be called cuff earrings or wrap earrings or ear cuffs
- Do not require you to have pierced ears
- Different from ear jackets as they go on the front of your ear not below your ear lobe
- Can be worn around the top or the side of your ear or behind it or to cover your entire ear or the side and the bottom of your ear
- Some are a single ear cuff to highlight one ear; some are a pair and some can be worn with your existing earrings
- Some look like they are in two pieces. Look closer and they are one ear cuff
- Can be classic (top left), whimsical (top right), floral (bottom left) or dramatic (bottom right)
Cuff Earrings – Benefits to You
- Cuff earrings are designed for those of you who wear your hair behind one or both ears or who want to push your hair behind one ear for a special effect.
- Cuff earrings let you wear a simple classic style like the 3-line cuffs on the top left as a change from your studs or hoop earrings.
- They allow you to express your personality or love of cats, frogs(above right) or even Game of Thrones (Yes, there are lots of dragon ear cuffs on Etsy.) in a different form to a drop earring style.
- They can be real conversation starters with other women.
- Cuff earrings let you express your unique (and playful) side in a way that is easier and more comfortable than wearing outlandish clothes.
Cuff Earrings –Buyer Beware
- I have coveted this gardenia flower ear cuff for a long time. I was going to buy it last week. Then I re-read the description – ‘for right ear only’. My new hairstyle is long on the right and exposes my left ear. Lesson to you – make sure you carefully read the description before buying.
- Look at the slide show for photos of the actual ear cuff.
- Carefully read the ‘Shipping & Policies’ Section for total cost, returns policy and payment method.
- Read the reviews to get a feeling for the designer, how to wear the product and how it is delivered to you.
I am about to go back and find the perfect one as a highlight for my left ear and order it.
Increase your dressing knowledge with this FREE download. You can use cuff earrings as part of this Really Simple Image Tip.