This DIY craft idea for Christmas Reindeer Chocolate Gift Jars was in the December issue of the Coles magazine. I cannot find it anywhere on their website to link to it.
Below is my version with hints and tips.
You will need:
* Coles 500 ml preserving jars
* A selection of Chocolates to fill the jar – Maltesers, Darrell Lea BBs Peanut Chocolate Balls, Darrell Lea BBs Double Chocolate Balls
* Reindeer Antlers to decorate the lid
- Any size jar will do. The Coles Preserving Jars above look good because they have a red and white lid. Be aware that these jars lids have a detachable centre circle which can fall off when the jar is opened. Warn your recipients about this.
- I added some Lindt Balls for some jars. I substituted Darrell Lea BB Orange Chocolates for extra colour. You can fill the jars with any chocolates you like.
- Fill the jars and put in the fridge before giving them as you may find you need more chocolates.
My son drew these ears for me.
Save the graphic and paste however many you need into a Word Document. Print the document.
Coles suggested using brown cardboard. I could not find any; so I cut out the required number of ears and pasted them onto a piece of red cardboard. Then I cut them out.
Fold it along the top of the rectangle and sticky tape it to the lid.
You can tie a bit of ribbon or Christmas tape around the lid. Or you could add a Christmas sticker with their name on. I added reindeer Christmas cards and their name on the folded rectangle on the lid.
Merry Christmas to all Stylish Baby Boomers.